I got this news from Seth Godin's blog, Thank you, Zig. After reading the blog, I Google about it immediately and it's true. Zig Ziglar dies at the age of 86. If you're in sales, marketing, and in business, or a wealth or success seeker, you possibly heard, read and noticed about his great works. Zig Ziglar is a known motivational speaker and really inspired millions of people all over the world.
Zig Ziglar became the top sales person in several organizations before striking out on his own as a motivational speaker and trainer. I collected some of his best quotes (these are my personal choice, there are a lot of them, actually) Below are 21 remarkable quotes from Zig Ziglar that we can use as guide on whatever areas of our life, in business, in sales, in marketing, in family matters, and in personal life.
- "A goal properly set is halfway reached."
- "Every choice you make has an end result."
- "I believe that being successful means having a balance of success stories across the many areas of your life. You can't truly be considered successful in your business life if your home life is in shambles."
- "If you go looking for a friend, you're going to find they're very scarce. If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."
- "If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."
- "If you want to reach a goal, you must "see the reaching" in your own mind before you actually arrive at your goal."
- "It was character that got us out of bed, commitment that moved us into action, and discipline that enabled us to follow through."
- "It's not what you've got, it's what you use that makes a difference."
- "Many marriages would be better if the husband and the wife clearly understood that they are on the same side."
- "Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale."
- "People who have good relationships at home are more effective in the marketplace."
- "Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will"
- “Expect the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes.”
- “If you can dream it, you can achieve it.”
- "Don't become a wandering generality. Be a meaningful specific."
- “People don’t buy for logical reasons. They buy for emotional reasons.”
- “People often say motivation doesn’t last. Neither does bathing—that’s why we recommend it daily.”
- “Remember that failure is an event, not a person.”
- "If you don't see yourself as a winner, then you cannot perform as a winner."
- “You will get all you want in life, if you help enough other people get what they want.”
- “Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.”
What I admire about Zig Ziglar is his ability to put Christian faith, humor, life and practical lessons all together in all his works, including his books, audio books, and speaking engagements (luckily.. some are available in the internet and in YouTube). I am also lucky to have his audio book (mp3), entitled "Goal", listening on it from time to time, trying to absorb his lessons. I don't have all his book, in fact the only handy book I have (not an ebook), is "Raising Positive Kids in a Negative World".
Thank you, Zig Ziglar. Thank you to all the messages you leave in this world. Thank you for the influence, the motivation, the integrity, you finished it so well, Sir. You will always be remembered.
Post a Comment